Thursday, February 23, 2006

Just like Whole Foods Says, "Celebrate Your Options"


...Your options to eat yummy energy bars and splurge on Indian food in the East Village. I REALLY miss my 110 calorie Pria bars from back in the gluten-ingesting day. Thank god I was alerted to Clif's Nectar bars. These portable delights are made with 5 or less ingredients, packed with fiber, and deeeee-lish. I love the lemon, cashew & vanilla bar when I'm feeling fruity (perhaps after a Broadway show?) and the dark chocolate & walnut bar when I'm PMS-ing. I always stash a Clif Nectar bar in my bag just in case I wind up stranded in a sea of gluten.

On a *very* happy note, I ordered a FABULOUS meal from Mitali (334 E. 6th St. btw 1st and 2nd ave). I was hanging out with my sister and her boyfriend watching trashy TV on VH1 (alright it was Flavor of Love), and we decided to order some Indian food. MMMMMmmmmm....Thank god Indian is usually Celiac friendly, but you never know what goes on in the kitchen. I got the chicken tandoori and it was so good. The basmati rice was as saffron-y and addictive as usual, and the portions were very generous. I topped things off with a bag of plain M & Ms that were nestled in the fridge...bliss. For one evening I actually felt like a normal person getting take-out. Now I cannot say for sure that this meal was 100% gluten free because I don't know what ingredients they used exactly, but I felt great afterwards, and I'm very gluten sensitive.

1 Comments:

Blogger LeeAnn said...

Hey there - I think I know you! I believe we went out to eat in Paris once, after meeting at the assistant get-together. Anyway, my point: I found out I was gluten intolerant in April, once of my closest friends discovered she has Celiac in June, and voila. So you're so not alone. A really good gluten-free site: www.glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com. A bit of a tricky life change, but definetly manageable... even more tricky in Paris, of course!

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home